On behalf of Southwestern College, we would like to welcome you to Winfield, KS and the home of the Moundbuilders. We look forward to having you on campus as our guest and want to assist you in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions that you might have - we can be reached at 620-229-6070.
- Richard L. Jantz Stadium, located on SC’s main campus is home to Football, Men & Women’s Soccer and the Track & Field teams. (#26)
- The T.H. Vaughn Tennis Center hosts SC’s Men & Women’s Tennis teams located adjacent to Whittier Elementary School approximately 1 mile from campus.
- The Broadway Sports Complex is located approximately 3 miles from campus and is home to SC’s Baseball & Softball teams.
- Stewart Field House, located on SC’s main campus is home to Volleyball, Men & Women’s Basketball and the Sports Medicine staff. (#21)
- Quail Ridge Golf Course and the Winfield Country Club host SC’s Men & Women’s Golf teams which is off campus approximately 4 miles away.
- The Kansas Veteran’s Home is site of the NAIA Mid-State Classic Cross Country meet, which is hosted annually by Southwestern College, and is approximately 1 mile from campus.
The following will be available for your student-athletes in the athletic training room:
- Gameready equipment
- Electrical Stimulation
- Moist Heat Packs
- Ice Bags
- Flexall/Biofreeze/Atomic Balm/Etc.
- Biohazard & First Aid Supplies
- Stretching Straps
- Taping Area
- Taping/wrapping of visiting athletes will not be administered unless supplies are provided
ATHLETIC TRAINERS: Please have a signed note for any athlete that will require E-Stim or US as well as complete directions, if you will be unable to attend the sporting event.
The following will be available in your locker room:
- Water Cart with Water/Cups/Biohazard Supplies/& Standard First Aid Supplies (BB/VB/SOC)
- Heavy Duty 6ft Tables (FB)
- 2 - Taping Tables (FB)
- Ice/Ice Bags (FB)
- 10 Gal – water & cups (FB)
The following will be available on your sideline/bench:
- Water/Cups/& 6 Pack of bottles
- Ice/Ice Bags (FB & SOC)
- Biohazard Supplies
- Standard First Aid Supplies
- Taping Tables (FB & SOC)
- Towels (BB & VB)
We will have an AED, splint bag, and spine board readily accessible for use if needed. For football games, you will be provided with a host student athletic trainer who will have radio communications to our sideline. If you have any special requests, please let us know as early as possible, and we will do our best to accommodate your medical needs. William Newton is located within 5 minutes of campus and we will assist you with your student-athlete in any way possible to ensure proper medical care.
William Newton Memorial Hospital
1300 East 5th Ave.
Winfield, KS 67156
If your team will be traveling without a certified athletic trainer for any event, we request a detailed listing of any significant treatments needed for your student-athletes. Please e-mail this list to [email protected] no later than 1 day prior to your team’s arrival at Southwestern.
Head Athletic Trainer
Southwestern College Sports Medicine
100 College Street
Winfield, KS 67156
Office: (620) 229-6070
Cell: (785) 410-5135
Fax: (620) 229-6380