Southwestern College Student-Athlete:
Welcome to another exciting year of Builder athletics. Below you will find all the information needed to sign up with Vivature as well as the necessary forms which are found inside Vivature and must be completed before you can start the 2017-2018 school year as a Moundbuilder Student-Athlete. I encourage you to fill these forms out with the help of your parent(s) or guardian. You are encouraged to get your physical by your family doctor (MD/DO/PA-C/& ARNP ONLY) before returning to campus, but if you do not there will be a small window to get a physical on campus Saturday night August 12th starting at 3:00 PM.
We will require all student-athletes to have primary health insurance.
Southwestern College will carry a secondary insurance policy which will cover current student-athletes after their primary has been billed. Our policy will not cover medical expenses unrelated to official athletic participation.
Reminder about paperwork
- We will only accept a physical from the following: a Physician (MD or DO), a Physician Assistant (PA-C), or a Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP).
- All paperwork must be done before you participate in ANY athletic practice, conditioning or event at Southwestern College.
- You must have primary health insurance that will cover athletics in order to participate at Southwestern
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns.
Lock Schnelle, MS, LAT, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
Please use the checklist/links below to help ensure all of your documents are complete before mailing.
1. Vivature Registration (LINK)
(The Southwestern College Physical, Medical History, Drug Education, Consent & Release, & Helmet Warning Forms will be found inside Vivature once you register.)
2. _____ Pre-Participation Physical Form (LINK) YOU MUST USE THE SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE – PHYSICAL FORM & BE PERFORMED BY 1 OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
***YOU MUST COMPLETE THE MEDICAL HISTORY FORM (IN VIVATURE) AND TAKE IT, ALONG WITH THE SC PHYSICAL FORM, TO YOUR PHYSICAL APPOINTMENT.***
3. ______ Insurance – (only for those needing to purchasing insurance) (LINK)
Please do not email this information as it may contain sensitive health-related material. Once the physical form is completed, please mail or fax it to us at the address below.
Attention: Sports Medicine
100 College Street
Winfield, KS 67156
Fax: (620) 229-6380